When you are working or traveling and exposed to crowds during cold or flu season, you need a little extra protection. Immune builders like Astragalus and Reishi help to make your system strong to avoid illness, but sometimes you can be a little run down or stressed and need that extra boost. Echinacea helps to boost T-cells to fight off those invading germs before they settle in.
Echinacea was traditionally used for pain:
- Varicose veins
Echinacea can effectively alleviate skin irritations:
- Poisonous stings and bites
- Slow healing wounds
Echinacea is an effective blood cleanser:
- Blood Poisoning
- Lymphatic Congestion
Echinacea can effectively alleviate bacterial and viral symptoms:
- Respiratory infections
- Viral infections
The Benefits of Echinacea
Echinacea has the following unique benefits:
- Did you know that Echinacea can also be used to enhance immune response in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and chronic gout?
- Echinacea is also beneficial when dealing with the inflammatory stages of phlebitis, varicose veins, and hemorrhoids.
How To Use It
1-2 tsp. of Echinacea root per cup of tea. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. The tea can also be used as a wash for bites and stings.
1-3 droppers of Echinacea tincture 1-3 times per day.
Fresh Juice or Capsules
You can use the whole plant for juicing fresh, or powder the dried root and encapsulate it. Take a couple of capsules 3 times per day to ward off colds or flu.
- Use caution if you are allergic to other members of the Asteraceae due to the possible presence of Echinacea pollen.
- Echinacea is not meant to be taken on a regular basis. Continuously boosting T-cells can fatigue your immune system.
- Contraindicated in auto-immune diseases.
- We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using Echinacea, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
What You Need to Know
Echinacea has beneficial effects for these body systems:
- Immune System
- Respiratory System
- Connective Tissue
About "Why Questions & Answers"Rosemary's Garden wants you to have an excellent understanding of traditional medicine. Our goal with the "Why Questions & Answers" series is to provide the information you need to use traditional medicine safely and effectively.
- From Colds to Cancer
- A Potent Natural Remedy
- Benefits, Uses, and Research
- Echinacea: Uses, Benefits, and Side Effects
Products with Echinacea
- Echinacea Tincture
- Echinacea Glycerite
- Golden Echinacea Tincture
- Golden Echinacea Glycerite
- Echinacea angustifolia Root c/s Organic
- Echinacea purpurea Root c/s Organic
- Healthy Immunity Tea
- Healthy Lungs Tea
- Poison Oak Remedy Tea
- Children's Wellness Kit
- Kid's Immune Avenger
- Daily Immune
- Daily Immune for Kids
- Elderberry Syrup
- Whole Body Defense
- Children's Echinacea
- Connective Tissue Tonic
- Rapid Immune Boost
- Daily Immune Builder
- Soothing Throat Spray
- Virattack Compound
By Kym Josephine