Everyone experiences pain at some point in their lives. What you really remember is when you could not find a way to ease the pain or make it go away. For thousands of years people have turned to St. John's Wort to suppress or stop varieties of pain.
St. John's Wort can effectively alleviate physical symptoms:
- Varicose veins
- Mild burns
Nervous System Symptoms
St. John's Wort can effectively alleviate nervous system symptoms:
- Chronic fatigue
- Nervous tension
- Nervous habits (nail biting, etc.)
- SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
St. John's Wort can effectively alleviate nerve pain symptoms:
- Spinal injury
- Nerve pain and nerve damage
- Multiple sclerosis
St. John's Wort can effectively alleviate viral symptoms:
- HIV and Hepatitis C
- Viral infections
The Benefits of St. John's Wort
St. John's Wort has the following unique benefits:
- It reduces nervous tension and nerve pain without typical medications that cause drowsiness, anxiety and/or upset stomach.
- It increases the production of seratonin and melatonin metabolism which improves your mood and helps you fall asleep and stay asleep longer.
How To Use It
1-2 tsp. of St. John's Wort per cup of tea.
1-3 droppers of St. John's Wort tincture 1-3 times per day.
Infused Oil or Essential Oil
Put St. John's Wort on wounds, bruises, burns, and pain such as varicose veins, sunburn, swellings, bites, and arthritis.
- Do not use St. John's Wort if you are pregnant or if you are nursing.
- Do not use St. John's Wort if you are using anti-depressants.
- Do not use St. John's Wort if you will have prolonged exposure to sunlight or ultra-violet light.
What You Need to Know
St. John's Wort has beneficial effects for these body systems:
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Musculo-Skeletal System
- Reproductive System
About "Why Questions & Answers"Rosemary's Garden wants you to have an excellent understanding of traditional medicine. Our goal with the "Why Questions & Answers" series is to provide the information you need to use traditional medicine safely and effectively.
- Hypericum Perforatum-Wikipedia
- All About Depression
- Fight Back Depression, PMS, and Menopause Symptoms
- St. John's Wort and Depression
- St. John's Wort and Pain
- St. John's Wort and Nerve Pain
Products with St. John's Wort
- St. John's Wort Tincture
- St. John's Wort Glycerite
- St. John's Wort Oil
- St. John's Wort Tops Organic
- St. John's Wort Essential Oil
- Emotional Ally
- Good Mood
- Willow Pain Response
By Kym Josephine