Botanical Name: Litsea cubeba
Synonyms: Litsea citrata, Laurus cubeba, Litsea
Cultivation: USDA and EcoCert organic cultivation in Vietnam
Composition: 100% May Chang essential oil, certified organic by USDA and EcoCert
Extraction: Water-steam distillation of the May Chang fruit
Primary Constituents: Terpene aldehydes: geranial and neral
Viscosity: Thin, thickens with age
Color: Clear, with a yellow tint
About: May Chang essential oil has a pungent, herbal aroma with peppery-citrus top notes. Distilled from the fresh, aromatic fruits of the May Chang tree, the essential oil can be used around the home in all-purpose cleaners and diffuser blends for cleansing surfaces and freshening the air. Also added to salves and body oils.
Blending Recommendations: May Chang has a warm, spicy, citrus scent. It is often blended with:
Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Caledula CO2, Cedar Atlas, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Fennel, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lavender Spike, Lemon, Sweet Lime, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Melissa, Myrrh, Palmarosa, Peppermint, Ravintsara, Rosemary Cineol, Rosemary Verbenone, Sage, Spearmint, St. John’s Wort, Tea Tree, Thuja, Thyme, Tulsi, Wintergreen, Yarrow.
- Always dilute to avoid irritation.
- Do not apply to areas of hypersensitive skin.
- Do not use with children under 2 years of age.
- Do not use internally if pregnant or taking diabetes medication.
- Discontinue use if application causes allergic reactions.
- Maximum Adult Dilution: 2.5%; 15 drops per ounce of carrier.
- Maximum Child Dilution: 0.5%; 3 drops per ounce of carrier.
Shelf Life: 6 years with proper storage.
Storage: Store upright, cap closed, out of direct heat and sunlight.
Notes: Non-GMO, No pesticides, No insecticides, No additives, Gluten free, Vegan, Cruelty free, No carrier oil added.