Vegetable Glycerine 4fl.oz.
Starwest’s premium quality Vegetable Glycerine is an amazing product whose unusual combination of properties has made it useful in a wide variety of applications. It is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid with a very sweet taste, with the consistency of a thick syrup.
Vegetable GlycerineStarwest’s premium quality Vegetable Glycerine is an amazing product whose unusual combination of properties has made it useful in a wide variety of applications. It is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid with a very sweet taste, with the consistency of a thick syrup.
Food & BeveragesVegetable Glycerine is commonly used in food and beverages, is low in calories and easily digested.
- The warm, sweet taste makes it an excellent substitute for sugar, and is used extensively in the preparation of coffee and tea flavors, and as an ingredient in soft drinks.
- It has many uses due to its malleability, and can be used in baked goods including cakes, cookies, candy, and fudge. You can add it to your cake batter to retain moistness for longer after it is baked. Its easy texture and sweet taste add a special touch without changing the taste of your baked goods. It can also help prevent sugar crystallization in candy.
- Bakers often use it when making homemade icing. It helps in thinning the icing and it can also be used to soften fondant, thus making it easier to work with.
- Its unique anti-fermentative properties also make it very useful in the production and preservation of herbal extracts and tinctures. It’s a good choice for people who are sensitive to alcohol, as most liquid herbal extracts do contain alcohol.
Body & Skin CareVegetable glycerine is also widely used as a humectant, a penetrant, and a softening agent in skin care products and soaps. The emollient and lubricating properties of glycerine make it effective anytime there is hardness, drying, or scaling of the skin. It is water and alcohol soluble, making it easy to work with.
- As an effective ingredient in massage preparations, glycerine provides a soothing effect, making the skin supple and offering a protective action.
- It is commonly used in beauty products including makeup, mousse, shampoo, bubble bath, after shave, and deodorant.
- It is also used in some eye and ear drops, toothpastes, and dental care products.
Production ProcessOur conventional vegetable glycerine is derived from sustainable, non-gmo vegetable palm oil and is produced using environmentally friendly practices. It is manufactured using the process of hydrolysis, which takes off the fatty acids, leaving pure vegetable glycerine.
Storage & Preserving Vegetable GlycerineVegetable Glycerine should be stored in a cool, dry place, and avoid any direct exposure to heat and light. Minimum of 5 year shelf life when stored properly.
Ingredients: Vegetable glycerine USP. Warm sweet taste, ideal for food use.
Directions: When used topically, dilute first for best results.
Packaging: This 4 fl oz Vegetable Glycerine is packaged in a clear plastic bottle with a smooth plastic disc cap and a hand press flip closure. The convenient hand flip closure helps ensure that you will dispense just the right amount of your product. Our 1 gallon size is packaged in a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) jug, with a tight-fitting plastic lid to help protect contents from moisture and air, and the 5 gallon size is packaged in a cube container with a spigot and handle.