Rose Otto-Melissa's Botanicals
- Rose Otto, Bulgarian
- Used primarily to promote Youthful skin with a “rosy glow”.
- It takes 11.5 million of freshly picked Rose blossoms to make 1 liter of Rose Otto essential oil! There are about 30 roses in every drop.
- The first distillation of Rose oil was by the Arabs in 500 CE, although ancient drawings show primitive stills as far back as 10,000 BC. It must work!
- Rose oil is believed to have deep psychological It is often used for grief, anxiety and depression.
- Rose Otto had more than 400 different chemical constituents, together making the natural perfume we call Rose.
- Diffuse a few drops in your home or bathroom for a rare treat. The smell of fresh roses in the air is heavenly, and our top pick for diffusing alone for its complex yet simple smell that feeds the soul, calms nerves and naturally brings relaxation.
- Place a few drops in your shampoo or conditioner for a rare rose scent and additional moisturizing properties.
- Rose oil helps balance moisture levels in skin, reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, and promote a healthy-looking and even skin tone.
- Rose waxes solidify at cold temperatures. To use, warm in pocket to liquefy.
- After cleansing skin, mix 2 drops of Rose essential oil in a small amount of light moisturizer to bring a fresh “rosy glow” and more youthful-looking skin.
- Add one drop to a glass of champagne to bring an extra “buzz”’ to your “buzz”. This is a popular Parisian drink.
- Dab 2 drops on wrists and in hair for an amazing perfume that everyone will ask about. Rose will mix differently with everyone’s chemistry so, get excited to see if your Rose smell will be more spicy, sweet, floral, etc..
- Anti-aging - Pat 2 drops on face and neck twice a day to clean skin. Wait 2 minutes for Rose Otto to penetrate, then add moisturizer. Adds a youthful Rosy glow and clears skin quickly. Add Lavender, French or Reserve for an enhanced effect.
- Rose Otto can be added to any formulation and only a tiny amount is needed to produce a powerful, floral scent. Add it to creams, lotions, facial serums, toners, body oils and massage oils to promote healthy skin.
- Rose Otto may be used as a food flavoring; Melissa uses it in her famous chocolate truffles, sparkling drinks,alcoholic or non-alcoholic cocktails, cookies (French Macaron) and cakes/frostings
- Astringent- Contracts, firms and strengthens skin and other tissues. Reduces secretions.
- Neat – to apply undiluted, directly on the skin
- Vulnerary – Protects and promotes skin healing, cell regenerative.
- Practical application map ( C. D. I. M. P. S. N. F. T )
- Chemistry card location (Quick reference to location on chemistry card - Alcohols
- Melissa’s Botanicals Rose Ottois completely safe for internal use in tiny amounts.
- Cautions: none known
Ingredients & Sourcing
- 100% Pure therapeutic Bulgarian Rose Otto
- Botanical name: Rosa damascena
- Source: Enio Bonchev, Kazanlak Rose Valley, Bulgaria
- All Melissa’s Botanicals products are GRAS – Generally regarded as safe.
- Click here to watch an actual Rose distillation at our family distillery, Enio Bonchev. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-1qp2TedIQ
If swelling, redness or irritation occurs, discontinue use. Use Olive oil to remove from Skin. If you have sensitive skin, try 1 drop of essential oil on the inner arm and monitor effects for 24 hours. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes. Use with caution while pregnant or nursing.
The FDA has not evaluated the statements on this website. No claims are made by Melissa’s Botanicals or Rosemary’s Garden as to the medicinal value of any products from Melissa’s Botanicals. The information presented here is for educating our customers about the traditional uses of essential oils and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. You are responsible for understanding the safe application of these products.