Botanical Name: Origanum heracleoticum
Size: 5ml, 1oz
Packaging: Glass bottle with orifice reducer cap.
Synonyms: Origanum onites
Cultivation: USDA and EcoCert organic cultivation in France.
Composition: 100% Greek Oregano essential oil, certified organic by USDA and EcoCert
Extraction: Water-steam distillation
Primary Constituents: Phenols (carvacrol)
Color: Pale yellow
About: Oregano essential oil has a hot and spicy scent with pungent herbal base notes. It is steam-distilled from the plants’ fresh leaves and twigs, making an extremely potent and clear yellow oil. Please note that oregano essential oil is not the same thing as "Oil of Oregano", which generally refers to an infused oil.
Oregano essential oil may be added to air-fresheners and to cleaners for use on floors and other surfaces. While Oregano can be used in formulations, caution must be exercised to avoid irritation to the skin even when diluted. Oregano commonly causes irritation when used in concentrations above 1%.
Blending Recommendations: Oregano essential oil blends well with other spicy and woody scents.
Basil, Bay laurel, Black pepper, Black spruce, Cedar atlas, Clove, Fir balsam, Douglas fir, Silver fir, Ginger, Lavender, Lavender spike, Lemongrass, Marjoram, May Chang, Niaouli (MQV), Peppermint, Ravintsara, Rosemary cineol, Rosemary verbenone, Sage, Spikenard, Tea tree, Thuja, Thyme, Wintergreen
- Always use diluted.
- Oregano essential oil commonly causes irritation when used in concentrations above 1%.
- Do not consume without consulting a qualified professional, as there are specific safety protocols which must be followed.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Use with caution if you have sensitive skin, if you are on diabetic medication, anticoagulant medication, or have had a recent major surgery or a bleeding disorder.
- Recommended adult dilution: 1%; 6 drops per ounce of carrier.
Shelf Life: 4 years in proper conditions before quality declines.
Storage: Store with the cap firmly closed, standing upright, out of direct heat and sunlight.
Notes: Non-GMO, No pesticides, No insecticides, No additives, Gluten free, Vegan, Cruelty free, No carrier oil added.
Further product details including essential oil chemistry profiles can be found on the Pranarom website.