Essiac Blend 4oz
Organic Essiac Tea Blend
4 oz - 113 grams approximately in a 8x5" rice paper bag.
- Burdock Root
- Sheep Sorrel
- Slippery Elm Bark
- Turkey Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum)
How to Make Essiac Tea
Your 4 oz. packets of Essiac Blend will make 1 gallon of tea if you want to make the whole batch at once. If you do, you will need to sterilize* eight/16 fl. oz. bottles so that you can store the tea you have made in your refrigerator. The reason for doing this is that you don’t want to open a whole gallon jar and “expose” it every time you want to drink the tea. You can also make less each time. **
- TO MAKE ONE GALLON (128 fl oz)
- Boil a little more than 1 gallon of spring water, filtered water or distilled water.
- Add your 4 oz. packet of Essiac Blend.
- Proceed to Step 3.
- TO MAKE ONE QUART (32 fl. oz. or 1/4 of a gallon) **
- Boil a little more than 32 fl. oz. (4 cups) of spring water, filtered water or distilled water.
- Add 1 oz. (1/4 of your Essiac Blend bag).
- Proceed to Step 3
- NOW YOU ARE READY TO DO THE FOLLOWING FOR MAKING EITHER ONE GALLON or ONE QUART
- Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
- The following day, if done overnight, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture* and funnel it into a clean standard plastic spring water gallon container (or a glass bottle, if you prefer). Refrigerate.
- ONCE DONE, YOU NEED TO STRAIN THE TEA
- Let your batch of tea cool off a bit so it won’t be hot when you strain it.
- Lay double cheesecloth over the top of a large pot.
- Secure the cheesecloth so it won’t fall off the sides.
- Gently pour your tea through the cheese cloth.
- Fold over the corners of the cheesecloth and wring out as much as you are able to, from the cooked herb blend.
- Sterilize* the 16 fl. oz. bottles (pint sized) that you are going to store your Essiac in. Once they are cooled off, fill your bottles. If you are using a funnel, be sure that it also is sterilized. The reason for this is the storage time. You want to keep your tea as sterile as is possible. If you find that this is hard to do with the whole gallon, make one quart each time.
Try drinking your Essiac straight but if you find it unpleasant; add some fruit juice or coconut water. The important thing is that you drink it.
You might also be interested in these products: